Stratasys Spearheading Sustainability for 3D Printing Industry to Advance More Mindful Manufacturing
Stratasys to pursue its sustainability agenda based on U.N. Sustainable Development Goals
Stratasys becomes Founding Member of Additive Manufacturer Green Trade Association
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. & REHOVOT, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Stratasys Ltd. (NASDAQ: SSYS), a leader in polymer 3D printing solutions, announced its commitment to lead 3D printing with an ESG-focused offering, establishing its ‘Stratasys Sustainability’ function and appointing Rosa Coblens as Vice President of Sustainability. Stratasys said a commitment to a circular economy, climate action, and social impact is paramount to building on its 30+ years of leadership in polymer 3D printing.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210817005334/en/
Stratasys recently joined the Additive Manufacturer Green Trade Association as a Founding Member. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Stratasys CEO Dr. Yoav Zeif said now is the time for Mindful Manufacturing. “The new global economy requires companies to adapt and overcome unexpected challenges, while maintaining a commitment to environmental stewardship,” he said. “Stratasys is well-positioned to provide production and manufacturing solutions that are resilient, empower local supply chains, and most importantly save lives. For example, during the pandemic we were able to repurpose our ecosystem to support the design, manufacture and delivery of vital personal protective equipment and ventilator parts to the healthcare industry.”
Zeif added, “Beyond the global pandemic, climate change is a growing worldwide concern. It is our mission to translate our leadership in 3D printing into mindful business applications for our customers – where less waste is produced, and more value derived from the digital processes that drive our manufacturing solutions. This approach is aimed at assisting our customers in reducing their carbon footprint, with less dependency on mass shipment of inventories and parts, shortening and localizing supply chains across industries such as aerospace, automotive, healthcare and consumer products.”
To advance its commitment to sustainability, Stratasys joined the Additive Manufacturer Green Trade Association as a Founding Member, with Coblens serving on the AMGTA Board of Directors. The AMGTA is a new global trade organization launched in November 2019. The AMGTA is a non-commercial, unaffiliated organization open to any additive manufacturer or industry stakeholder that meets certain criteria related to sustainability of production or process. Part of the AMGTA’s mission is to commission research that highlights the sustainable uses of additive manufacturing.
“Stratasys’ Founding Member status is critical to our organization’s mission to advance sustainability in additive manufacturing as we secure a selective group of market and industry experts to represent and advance our work to report on the environmental benefits of additive manufacturing,” said Sherry Handel, Executive Director of the AMGTA. “Our goal is to introduce new lifecycle analysis research projects in additive manufacturing that clearly measure impact and increase the world’s understanding of 3D printing as critical to the global manufacturing industry’s move towards greater sustainability.”
Stratasys also identified four U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as the cornerstones of its purpose-driven sustainability efforts. Measurable goals are being designed as part of Stratasys’ 2022 focus areas:
- Responsible Consumption and Production: The world continues to use natural resources unsustainably. Ensuring more responsible consumption and production patterns includes the environmentally sound management of chemical waste, the disposal of waste generally, and the efficient use of production materials. Additive manufacturing can be a more efficient production method, alongside a growing use of recycled and renewable materials. Stratasys is committed to innovation in reduced waste, reused materials and recycled packaging.
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure: Industrialization benefits economies around the world, creating jobs and wealth; it makes information and communications accessible through technology, it promotes inclusive research and innovation, and supports entrepreneurship. Stratasys intends additive manufacturing to benefit people worldwide, enabling designers, engineers and manufacturers with local, on-demand capabilities that empower companies and organizations of all sizes to improve quality of life everywhere.
- Climate Action: Climate change continues to impact the frequency and severity of natural disasters, and not enough action is taken to move towards net zero carbon emissions. Such targets become easier to achieve by reducing global shipping, and by using more efficient, digital manufacturing methods. Stratasys is committed to reducing not only its own carbon footprint but to making it easier for customers to do so when using Stratasys’ products, as well.
- Quality Education: As a company powered by the possibilities of innovation, Stratasys is committed to ensuring inclusive and equitable quality education and learning opportunities for everyone, advancing ‘learning by making’ opportunities, and leveraging our technology to empower students – the workforce of tomorrow. This means ensuring everyone has the literacy and relevant technical skills for rewarding careers. Stratasys both markets solutions to educators and advocates for them.
Stratasys is leading the global shift to additive manufacturing with innovative 3D printing solutions for industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer products and healthcare. Through smart and connected 3D printers, polymer materials, a software ecosystem, and parts on demand, Stratasys solutions deliver competitive advantages at every stage in the product value chain. The world’s leading organizations turn to Stratasys to transform product design, bring agility to manufacturing and supply chains, and improve patient care.
To learn more about Stratasys visit www.stratasys.com, the Stratasys blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook. Stratasys reserves the right to utilize any of the foregoing social media platforms, including the company’s websites, to share material, non-public information pursuant to the SEC’s Regulation FD. To the extent necessary and mandated by applicable law, Stratasys will also include such information in its public disclosure filings.
Stratasys is a registered trademark of Stratasys Ltd. and/or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners, and Stratasys assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of these non-Stratasys products.
Attention Editors, if you publish reader-contact information, please use:
- USA +800-801-6491
- Europe/Middle East/Africa +49-7229-7772-0
- Asia Pacific +852 3944-8888
Stratasys PR Corporate & North America
PR Europe, Middle East, and Africa
Jonathan Wake / Miguel Afonso, Incus Media
+44 1737 215200
PR Asia Pacific and Japan
+852 9189 7273
PR Brazil, Central America and South America
+55 (11) 2626-9229
Source: Stratasys Ltd.
Released August 17, 2021